Autistics Speaking Day
Today is Autistics Speaking Day. Autistics Speaking Day is about speaking out and being heard all over the world. Please click >here< to find the collection of posts by advocates and allies at The Thinking Person’s Guide to Autism.
As an ally, I’m taking a day off from writing a post to share my collection of Facebook updates featuring the inimitable Pudding. If this isn’t enough, <here> is another post featuring the language of our resident Aspie. My wish is that one day she’ll be a proud advocate and member of a collective who won’t be silenced. Until then, I still think she has much to say…
- Pudding has a crush on an older boy at school. Merely mentioning his
name makes her cover her eyes, coyly. I asked her what he is like to
figure out her type.
“He is like babies, with a Hello Kitty head.”
- Making toast for breakfast, I ask Pudding if she wants jam. She doesn’t. To clarify things…
Me: Do you just want butter?
Pudding: No, I want toast and butter.
- Following a paint incident, I let Pudding wallow in the bath as long as she needed. After half an hour, I asked her if she was a mermaid. “No, Mummy, I’m a girl….and a fairy.”
- I forgot how many toys the kids have. WAY too many now that they’re
sharing a room and we don’t have a basement. A local orphanage will
shortly receive a very big donation.
Me: Pudding, do you like having all your toys back?
Pudding: Yes….What is Santa going to bring?
- Pudding: “Ooh, my hair is all windy.”
- Daddy: Pudding, what did you do at school today?
Dadddy: No is not an answer.
- Pudding: “The sky is very high, Daddy.”
- Me: Kids, put your toys away.
Me: I’m running out of patience.
Pudding: You need to get some from the store.
- Me: We have to think about what you’re going to wear to school tomorrow.
- Last night Pudding was coughing and sneezing.
Me: Are you sick?
Pudding: No, I’m not sick.
Me: Have you got a cold?
Pudding: No….I’ve got a warm.
- Pudding was “driving” around the house with the GPS (that I mentioned in yesterday’s post). She came to sit down next to me and said: “You have reached your destination.”
- “Goodnight Mummy, see you on next tomorrow.”
- Me: Do you like your new Hello Kitty bubble bath?
Pudding: Yes, it smells like cats!
- I bought a buttercup cake pan this weekend, and Pudding was so enthralled that she made up a story for it. Here it is word for word: “One day Mummy made a flower cake. The End.”
- Pudding on the royal wedding: That’s not a princess. Turn it off! Want to watch Sesame Street!
- Me: Tomorrow is Easter.Pudding: Shall we make a birthday card for Easter?
- Me: Pudding, what are you doing?
(Sound of water being poured)
Me: Don’t tell me that you’re pouring again!
Pudding: I’m not pouring…