Thursday, November 1, 2012

Speak Your Mind

Speak Your Mind by Smuggy Bunny on Autistic And Awesome


Today is Autistics Speaking Day, so I encourage all Earthlings on Earth, autistic or not, to speak your minds today.
Speak your true minds.
Communicate your true thoughts and feelings about something that is important to you.
Tell your true thoughts and feelings to someone who is important to you.
Tell your true thoughts and feelings to a group of people, your families, your friends, your acquaintances, total strangers.
Communicate your true thoughts and feelings without thinking about what other people are thinking about you.
Speak your true minds without fear.
Take a chance and see what happens.
These are what I do today and everyday.
From speaking my mind, my true mind, my true mind without fear, I have learned that no matter how much I am ridiculed or ostracized or censured by some people for saying my true thoughts and feelings outloud, that there are always plenty of other people who think and feel what I think and feel without being quite as good at speaking their minds, this social skill, this communicative function, as I am.
If I don’t speak my mind, then they won’t either.
If I do, then one of them might, then another, then another, then another, the moar moar moar people who have had their say, the moar moar moar people who will have their say, the moar moar moar people who have heard, the moar moar moar people who will hear, the moar moar moar people who have taken action, the moar moar moar people who will take action, the moar moar moar people who have made a change, the moar moar moar people who will make a change.
For this one day, take a chance and speak your mind about something to someone.
For this one day, take a chance and see what happens.
Sticks and stones may break your bones, but words may set you free.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open discussion is encouraged, but posts judged to be bullying or using inappropriate languages may be deleted. Please exercise good judgment when commenting. Comments will be moderated.