Sunday, November 1, 2020

An Apology

 This is an apology to previous participants. 

To those who have submitted their work, and did not see it show up on this blog or see it included. 

There are very few reasons for why this happened, and for most of these, I apologize. I have always regretted not being able to post every entry to ASDay. 

Most of the entries that I've had to decline over the last 11 years have been professionals or parents trying to peddle their newest book or website. I don't mind sharing that each year our email gets advance copy and interview offers for the Next New Autism Treatment. I don't know about you, but I don't apologize for not approving those. 

What saddens me are those who, for whatever reason, I cannot access. And so, I cannot browse to confirm trigger and content warnings. And I cannot, in good conscious, add to the event. 

I also love seeing all the autistic posts. 

My only relief is that these instances are relatively few; most of the time posts have been scheduled and so I just need to keep checking the link. But the ones that I try every trick I know - changing accounts, switching browsers, even using a VPN (I'm not IT; I'm an English major, this is the extent of my knowledge) - and still unable to find, hurts. I feel like I've let the participant down, and worse of all, I don't know why. 

This year, I'd like to try and fix those posts. So please, join me as I explore past entries. 

~ Corina Lynn Becker 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open discussion is encouraged, but posts judged to be bullying or using inappropriate languages may be deleted. Please exercise good judgment when commenting. Comments will be moderated.