Monday, November 2, 2020

Autistics Speaking

Content Warning – Talk of abuse

 Jay from Jay's World writes

Autistics Speaking


I be ask why I believe should have all autistic voice hear.

I can only tell about me.


I be autistic all life but I not know word autism until I twenty-five years old. I was not tell my disability all life. I taken to have diagnosis twenty-five for document get payment and legal guardian. I be tell then something bad my brain and that bad is call autism. That why I different to everybody. Be tell nothing can do now too old be help. Tell carer leave me alone lock in bedroom not help anymore.

I not have communication. I not have help. I think I bad what am.

all life be abuse. I not know I be abuse until I forty. I not have word what happen me. All know do meltdown. Bite self. Hit self. Throw thing. Anything try control scare world.

I live all life isolation alone. I grow be dog. I understand dog. I know dog. I not know I person. I not know how be around person.

listen autistic learn not bad what I am. Listen autistic help get communication and hear me my way. Listen autistic understand what abuse and why meltdown.

I am 41 still not feel safe. I could had better life. I could be tell child ok my different brain. I could know word early. I could meet other same like me.

autistic are speak. All speak with word. With voice. With AAC. With behaviour. Every is speak own way. Are you listening?

when listen to autistic abuse be stop. When listen to autistic learn why meltdown. When listen to autistic get communication with everyone. When listen to autistic bring big change.

listen to autistic why I alive. All life have worth. I not speak today if not listen autistic.

autistics are speaking. It time you listen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open discussion is encouraged, but posts judged to be bullying or using inappropriate languages may be deleted. Please exercise good judgment when commenting. Comments will be moderated.