Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Happy Autistics Speaking Day!

Stimey has written Happy Autistics Speaking Day! on her blog Stimeyland:

For my own post here, I remembered that it is not Stimey Speaking Day (that's every other stupid day here in Stimeyland), but rather Autistics Speaking Day. So I looked around this morning and managed to locate one of them in the backseat of the car on the way to school.

I took a few minutes and I told him about ASDay and about all the grown ups with autism whose brains work kinda like his do and how they are having a day all about letting people know what it is like to be them.

I asked him what he wants people to know about him. He said that he would want people to know that he likes Lego Robotics. Then he said, "I'm Jack and I am funny. I am also hilarious." (For the record, he totally is.)

Please read the rest of this post here. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open discussion is encouraged, but posts judged to be bullying or using inappropriate languages may be deleted. Please exercise good judgment when commenting. Comments will be moderated.