Friday, November 1, 2013

My Fingers Speak

Amy Sequenzia writes "My Fingers Speak" on Non-Speaking Autistic Speaking


Today is Autistics Speaking Day, a day to remind the world that we actually speak every day, even if we do it with our fingers.
 Today is Autistics Speaking Day,  a day to remind the world that we actually speak every day,  even if we do it with our fingers. Amy Sequenzia
My voice is unique
It does not come out in a usual manner
I speak through my fingers
Gentle strokes on a keyboard
I could have remained silent
I could have chosen a passive life
But my fingers would not accept a quiet existence
So I type my thoughts
I fight for autism rights
My brain and a keyboard
My thoughts awaiting
Restless fingers demanding to be heard
Flowing words, my manifesto
My fingers will not accept a quiet existence
Silent no more
My voice through my fingers
I will not accept to be ignored
Listen to what I have to say
We are here, here to stay
We find ways to scream our words
MY FINGERS DO NOT ACCEPT A QUIET EXISTENCE
Amy Sequenzia is an Autistic activist, writer, and poet. Read more on Ollibean here , on her blog at Non-Speaking Autistic Speaking and on Autism Women’s Network.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open discussion is encouraged, but posts judged to be bullying or using inappropriate languages may be deleted. Please exercise good judgment when commenting. Comments will be moderated.