Thursday, November 1, 2018

I have a lot to say (a poem)

Kate Ross - Cherry Blossom Tree, I have a lot to say (a poem) on '...i am my own experience...'


I have a lot to say


I have a lot to say, but I don’t always know how to say it.
I have a lot to say, but I don’t know if you will understand me.
I have a lot to say, but I can’t get the words out.
I want to scream, but you’ll say that I’m being dramatic,
that I’m having a tantrum,
that I’m not behaving like an adult.
Spend a day in my head and you’ll see what it’s like
to be a woman,
to be autistic,
to be inattentive,
to be hyperfocused,
to be misunderstood,
to be maligned.
I have a lot to say, but I don’t always know how to say it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Open discussion is encouraged, but posts judged to be bullying or using inappropriate languages may be deleted. Please exercise good judgment when commenting. Comments will be moderated.